Lincoln Elementary School
36111 Bettencourt St.
Newark, CA 94560
Child Care: 510-818-3541
Mrs. Angela Ehrlich, Principal
Lincoln's Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday 7:45am - 3:30pm
Fridays - 7:45am - 3:00pm
If it is not right, I will not do it
If it is not mine, I will not take it
If it is not true, I will not say it
I will be kind
I will be safe
I will respect people and property
I will do my best at all times!
Please remember it is very important to either call or send a note if your child misses school indicating why your child was out. Parents/Guardians will have three school days to clear an absence. If proper notification is not provided within three school days, the absence will be recorded as unexcused ( NUSD AR 5113) and can not be changed.
To call in an Absence: 510-818-3500
The folks at Sangha have just launched a new Parents Self Serve Signup.
Just click on this Signup link and enter our School Code: RR4CTF
How it works
Once you sign up on the self serve page, you will receive an email invitation from Sangha with easy instructions.
If you don't see the email invite, check other places it might be in your Junk, Spam, Social, Promotions, or other email Folders.
All visitors to the Lincoln must stop by the office and sign in during the school day. This is for your child's safety and yours. In case of an emergency all need to be accounted for. The sign-in binder is in the office. Please make sure you take a " visitor or volunteer" sticker. If you need to get something to your child, please let the office staff help you. We will contact your child's teacher to get the item to them. Please do no disturb the classroom while they are in session.
In the interest of not interrupting instructional time, we do not interrupt classes for deliveries or messages during class. We do realize that there are times that parents need to get a missing class assignment or lunch to their children.
If your student forgot their lunch, please have all lunches to the office before 11:20am. Our campus monitors take the lunch to the cafeteria and the students will have the lunch waiting for them at their lunch table.
For other items ( homework, backpack, etc.) that you would like to have delivered to your child, we will place the item in your child's teacher's mailbox for them to pick up at recess or lunch.
Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
Looking for a part time job? NUSD is looking for campus monitors to work 1.5 hours per day at elementary school sites. If you are interested , please contact the District Office at 510-818-4103.
In the quest for excellence, we promote the love of learning, to create a caring, nurturing environment where everyone is empowered to develop intellectually, physically, aesthetically, and emotionally in a challenging, child centered environment.
NUSD Community Engagement Survey Now Available
La Encuesta del NUSD Sobre el Compromiso de la
Comunidad Está Disponible
The Newark Unified School District (NUSD) is reaching out to its families for ...more
Lincoln an Honor Roll School two consecutive years in a row
Congratulations to Lincoln Elementary for being recognized as 2015 California Honor Roll School.
“We are so proud to be recognized by leaders in the California business community as an Honor Roll school,” said Mrs. Angela Ehrlich, Principal, Lincoln Elementary School. “Our teachers and administrators work tirelessly to keep the focus on high expectations and student academic achievement and to continuously improve our practices. This hard work and dedication is paying off for all of our students, no matter their background.”
Here is an excerpt from the letter sent to the school.
"On behalf of Educational Results Partnership (ERP) and the Campaign for Business and Education Excellence (CBEE), I am writing to congratulate you. Lincoln Elementary has been named an Honor Roll school for the 2015 California Honor Roll. Your school will receive recognition in the press as a leader in student achievement, will be provided with a free banner to display on campus, and will be featured on our website where educators and policy makers seek out high performing schools so that they can replicate success.
The 2015 Honor Roll recognizes public elementary, middle, and high schools that demonstrate consistently high levels of student academic achievement, improvement in achievement over time, and reduction in achievement gaps. For high schools, Honor Roll recognition includes measures of college readiness in students. This year, the California Honor Roll recognized 1,714 higher performing, higher poverty schools that are distinguished for their academic achievement and closing achievement gaps."
James S. Lanich, Ph.D.
President & CEO
Educational Results Partnership
Campaign for Business and Education Excellence
National School Lunch Application for 2016-2017 Information:
If your family was approved for free or reduced lunch during the 2015-2016 school year, your children’s status will be the same ONLY for the first 30 days of the new school year.
Please either go ONLINE after 8/1/2016 at www.heartlandapps.com to fill out an application OR you may fill out a paper application being sent home during the summer and return it in August directly to the Child Nutrition office or the office at any school site.
List all children and their schools on one (1) application. To avoid any delays in processing, please remember the following:
Only ONE application per residence. You may apply ONLINE OR with a paper application.
List ALL children living in the household (in school or not).
List ALL adults living in the home and their GROSS monthly income per individual. Income shown must be from August, 2016 or later.
If you qualify based on any assistance you receive you MUST provide the CASE #. (Simply writing, “YES” will delay processing.)
If you have any questions, please contact the Child Nutrition Department at (510) 818-4281.
Información 2016-2017 sobre el Programa Nacional de Solicitar Almuerzos
Si su familia fue aprobada para almuerzos gratis o a precio reducido durante el año escolar 2015-2016, el estado de sus hijos será lo mismo SOLO por los primeros 30 días del nuevo año escolar.
Favor de visitar EN LINEA después del 1 de agosto de 2016 al www.heartlandapps.com para completar la solicitud O se puede completar la solicitud en papel que se le mandará durante el verano y devolverla en agosto directamente a la oficina de Nutrición Juvenil o la oficina en cualquier escuela del distrito.
Anote todos sus hijos y las escuelas en una (1) sola solicitud. Para evitar demoras en los trámites, favor de darse cuenta de lo siguiente:
· Solamente UNA solicitud por residencia. Se puede solicitar en línea O con la solicitud en papel.
· Anote a TODOS los hijos que viven en el hogar (sin importar si asisten a la escuela o no).
· Anote a TODOS los adultos que viven en el hogar y los sueldos BRUTOS mensuales por individuo. El sueldo anotado debe ser de agosto de 2016 o más tarde.
· Si usted califica basado en alguna asistencia que recibe, HAY QUE proveer el Número del Caso. (Sólo apuntar“Sí”retrasará el procesamiento.)
Si tiene preguntas, favor de ponerse en contacto con el Departamento de Nutrición Juvenil al (510) 818-4281.
TK and Kindergarten Registration 2016-2017 School Year
For the 2016–17 school year, children must turn five by September 1st
- We will accept Kindergarten registration packets at students’ home schools beginning March 15, 2016 for students who will turn five on or before September 1st, 2016.
- Children who turn 5 by September 1st will be enrolled in kindergarten.
For the 2016-17 school year, Newark Unified School District will offer Transitional Kindergarten, which is the first year of a two-year kindergarten program, for students whose birthdays occur after the kindergarten entry cutoff date (September 1), and on or before December 2nd. Students who enroll in Transitional Kindergarten will enroll in Kindergarten the following year. Transitional Kindergarten will be offered at Bunker Elementary School, Lincoln Elementary School, Musick Elementary School, and Schilling Elementary School.
- Bunker Elementary School (6071 Smith Av., Newark, CA, 818-3100) will accept Transitional Kindergarten registration packets for Bunker and Milani Elementary students beginning March 15, 2016 for students who will turn five between September 2nd, 2016 and December 2nd, 2016.
- Lincoln Elementary School (36111 Bettencourt St., Newark, CA, 818-3500) will accept Transitional Kindergarten registration packets for Lincoln and Snow students beginning March 15, 2016 for students who will turn five between September 2nd, 2016 and December 2nd, 2016.
- Musick Elementary School (5735 Musick Ave, Newark, CA, 818-4000) will accept Transitional Kindergarten registration packets for Musick and Kennedy Elementary students beginning March 15, 2016 for students who will turn five between September 2nd, 2015 and December 2nd, 2016.
- Schilling Elementary School (36901 Spruce St., Newark, CA, 818-3800) will accept Transitional Kindergarten registration packets for Schilling and Graham students beginning March 15, 2016 for students who will turn five between September 2nd, 2016 and December 2nd, 2016.
El Kindergarten de transición
Para el año escolar 2016–17, los niños deben de cumplir cinco años para el 1 de septiembre
- Se aceptarán paquetes de inscripción del kindergarten en la escuela local del alumno a partir del 15 de marzo 2016 para los niños que cumplen cinco años para el 1 de septiembre 2016.
- Los niños que cumplen cinco años para el 1 de septiembre serán inscritos en el kindergarten.
El Kindergarten de transición
El Kindergarten de transición es el primer año del programa de dos años de kindergarten, Para el año escolar 2016-17, el Distrito Escolar Unificado de Newark ofrecerá el kindergarten de transición para los niños que cumplen 5 años después del 1 de septiembre ( la fecha límite para entrada en el kindergarten) y para el 2 de diciembre. Los estudiantes que se matriculan en el Kindergarten de transición se inscribirán en Kindergarten el próximo año. Se ofrecerá el Kindergarten de transición en la escuelas primarias de Bunker, Lincoln, Musick , y Schilling.
- Bunker Elementary School (6071 Smith Av., Newark, CA, 818-3100) aceptará paquetes de inscripción en el kindergarten de transición para alumnos de las escuelas Bunker y Milani a partir del 15 de marzo, 2016 para los niños que cumplen cinco años entre el 2 de septiembre, 2016 y el 2 de diciembre, 2016.
- Lincoln Elementary School (36111 Bettencourt St., Newark, CA, 818-3500) aceptará paquetes de inscripción en el kindergarten de transición para alumnos de las escuelas Lincoln and Snow a partir del 15 de marzo, 2016 para los niños que cumplen cinco años entre el 2 de septiembre, 2016 y el 2 de diciembre, 2016.
- Musick Elementary School (5735 Musick Ave, Newark, CA, 818-4000) aceptará paquetes de inscripción en el kindergarten de transición para alumnos de las escuelas Musick and Kennedy a partir del 15 de marzo, 2016 para los niños que cumplen cinco años entre el 2 de septiembre, 2016 y el 2 de diciembre, 2016.
- Schilling Elementary School (36901 Spruce St., Newark, CA, 818-3800) aceptará paquetes de inscripción en el kindergarten de transición para alumnos de las escuelas Schilling and Graham a partir del 15 de marzo, 2016 para los niños que cumplen cinco años entre el 2 de septiembre, 2016 y el 2 de diciembre, 2016.
Traffic Safety - seguridad vial
As we begin the school year, Newark Police Department will begin citing drivers whenever necessary to encourage compliance of traffic laws and to reinforce that safety of our children is a priority.
There have been multiple incidents endangering children even a child being struck and several near misses. Please remember that children’s cognitive abilities are still developing and they lack training and experience in traffic safety.
Keys to avoid receiving a citation:
- Drive Slow
- Do not make illegal U-turns
- Have car seats for children
- Have seat belts on all passengers
- Make a “full-stop” at stop signs
Putting our children at risk is not worth the few minutes you may save by rushing and breaking these suggestions. Newark Unified School District and the Newark Police Department want to keep everyone safe.
Safety reminders for children walking to school:
- Walk, don’t run across the street
- Look left, look right and left again
- Obey Walk/Wait signals
- Do not cross at mid-block locations
- Use crosswalks
Safety reminders for children biking to school:
- Always wear a properly fastened and fitted helmet
- Obey all traffic laws
- Ride in the same direction as motor vehicles
- Check traffic when changing lanes, crossing streets or turning
- Use hand signals
SBAC Practice Test Login
Access the SBAC Practice Test
Login as GUEST. This is set as default. Click on the SignIn button on the Login screen.
School Accountability Report Card (SARC)
Notice to parents:
Link to access the "School Accountability Report Card (SARC)" http://www.nusd.ca.schoolloop.com/cms/page_view?d=x&piid=&vpid=1232963806535.
Paper copy is available upon request in the school office for you to view.
PALS has their own website, new email and Facebook page.
Lincoln PALS Club
Lincoln Teachers attend Ed Tech Conference for Professional Development
Breakfast & Lunch
Aug/Sept: - $ 62.40
October - $ 54.60
November - $ 39.00
December - $ 36.40
January - $ 46.80
February - $ 49.40
March - $ 44.20
April - $ 49.40
May - $ 54.60
June - $ 31.20
Reduced price breakfast and lunch is available for those who qualify. Create and manage your payments online at
https://www.myschoolbucks.com/ (free) or contact the school office for more information.
Breakast and Lunch Menu:
Child Nutrition Services
Please remember two things:
1. Please make prior arrangements with your child’s teacher before bringing in birthday treats for your child to share with his/her class. Also, we ask that balloons, flowers and other large displays be given to the child at home because they are very distracting in the classroom.
2. Please bring the healthiest treats possible. We know the tradition is sugary cupcakes and such, but we are trying to teach our children healthier ways of eating.
- Homework Requests ~ Homework will be available upon request. Please call or email your child’s teacher before 10:00am to request their homework. Homework may be available after school pending teacher’s availability.
- Parents, please listen to your messages before calling the school back. There are often times where the teachers call from the classroom and the office is unaware why they called.
- Student’s needing to be picked up early from school ~ The person picking up your child/children from school before the end of the day at 2:32 pm Monday – Thursday and 1:05 pm on Fridays MUST be on the emergency card and must be over 18. They will be asked to show photo ID. If they aren’t on the emergency card, we can’t release the student/students to them.